Tuesday, April 30, 2013
Thursday, February 7, 2013
Monday, January 28, 2013
Thursday, April 15, 2010
Here's the list of 22 things people don't like about Facebook:
- “Happy Birthday” Wall Posts (that only say “Happy Birthday” an nothing elese)
- Vague-Booking (post a mysterious comment hoping that people will ask about it)
- Boring Status Updates (such as, "I just changed the cat's litter box.")
- Boring daily itinerary (Today I'm going to work, then shop, then sleep)
- Endless Wall Thread (Make one comment and you’re notified every day for the rest of your life)
- Posts that do not entertain or make you smile.
- Posts that do not inform you of anything interesting
- Drama-booking posts (see #2)
- Phone pics that are too dark, out of focus and too grainy
- Bad photos! People. Get a nice camera and learn how to use it!
- Compare People App (to a celebrity etc)
- Pillow Fight Requests
- Horoscopes (etc etc etc!)
- Boring Status Updates
- Bumper Stickers
- Facebook's Creepy Ads
- Facebook recommending you "Friend" a random person
- Picture Shrinkage
- Posting a personal message on a friend's wall when you should have just sent email.
Thursday, March 11, 2010
The island paradise scenery is nothing short of spectacular! The story and the acting are the exact opposite of spectacular.
I'm going to say this at the risk of sounding naive. I didn't know this was a chick flick! Yes there are some sexy women with long legs in bikinis but it's actually a bad chick flick. This is basically Sex and the City goes on an Island Vacation and they left their writers and sharp wit back home. Ugh! I had to fast forward so many times I watched the whole movie in about 10 minutes. Roll the next one!
Saturday, January 2, 2010
Thursday, December 3, 2009
It doesn't matter how bad your Thanksgiving may have been... Tiger Wood's was worse!
Ya apparently his wife caught him playing the 19th hole. Tiger didn't get it. when he got caught he asked his wife if he could 'take a muligan'.
This is why David Letterman does not keep golf clubs in his house.
They are going to make a movie about this .. Crouching Tiger crunching Escolade. Wait i got more...
Monday, November 30, 2009
Wednesday, November 25, 2009
I saw the movie Inglorious Basterds on Saturday and the movie Hurt Locker last night. Both are good. The Basterds gets a B+ and the Hurt Locker a B.
The Basterds is a WWII movie should see in the theaters while you still can. it would be good on a tv but most def a movie-theater-movie. The story is top notch and so are the characters and acting. This movie is punctuated by some really extreme violence. The European culture is captured really well. The movie is about 1/2 in English and 1/2 in subtitles (they speak German, french and Italian) After awhile i got so immersed in the story I almost forgot i was reading subtitles. It was interesting how these guys changed WWII history as we know it. Like i said... it's a great story.
The Hurt Locker is the name soldiers give the the armored suit they wear when disarming bombs in Iraq. This is a good movie that just goes a bit too long. There are lots and lots of really good combat scenes and a sniper duel that was so real i just wanted to get out of my theater seat and find cover before the next bullet was aimed at me.
I highly recommend both of these movies... See them in the theater and enjoy the big screen! The hurt locker really makes you feel like you're in the desert, riding shotgun in a Humvee, or providing cover for your buddy as he walks in slow motion in his bomb suit toward an IED.
This is my previous post.. Click here..
Sunday, November 22, 2009
If you happen to be a Packers fan who is sick and tired of hearing about Brett Favre(notes), and you're thinking of joining the National Guard and going overseas to get away from it all, stop. It's not going to work. The detainees in Baghdad are going to be just as vicious as the Vikings fans you know.
A Wisconsin National Guard unit charged with keeping watch over detainees in Baghdad decided to put up Packers colors and logos all around the camp. The prisoners noticed, started asking questions and suddenly, Favre became an unwitting ally.
From 620WTMJ's Jay Sorgi (subbing in for the injured Waylon Manning):
"They know Favre by name," said First Lieutenant Tim Boehnen, who is from New Richmond, Wis.
"One of the big words they know now is shenanigan. They'll constantly talk about 'Favre shenanigans,' 'He's so good for the Vikings,' and 'The Packers have got to really feel bad about that one.' "
[...] "They obviously then started up the conversations, and started talking about Brett Favre. They soon learned about Favre going to the Vikings, and things just started going downhill from there."
In retaliation, I think our troops should make the detainees watch ESPN's Week 4 Monday Night Football contest between the Vikings and Packers, including pre- and post-game shows. They'll never want to mention Favre again.
Friday, November 20, 2009
Monday, November 16, 2009
Thursday, October 29, 2009
Monday, October 12, 2009
Wednesday, September 23, 2009
Because mutiny on the bounty's what we're all about I'm gonna board your ship and turn it on out
No soft sucker with a parrot on his shoulder
'Cause I'm bad gettin' bolder - cold getting colder
Terrorizing suckers on the seven seas
And if you've got beef - you'll get capped in the knees
We got sixteen men on a dead man's chest
And I shot those suckers and I'll shoot the rest
Most illingest b-boy - I got that feeling
Cause I am most ill and I'm rhymin' and stealin'
My pistol is loaded - I shot Betty Crocker
Delivered Colonel Sanders down to Davey Jones' locker Rhymin' and stealin' in a drunken state
And I'll be rockin' my rhymes all the way to Hell's gate
Snatching gold chains - vicking pieces of eight
I got your money and your honey and the fly name plate
We got wenches on the benches - and bitties with titties
Housing all girlies from city to city
One for all and all for one
Taking out M.C.'s with a big shotgun
All for one and one for all
Because the Beastie Boys have gone A.W.O.L.
Friggin' in the riggin' and cuttin' your throat
Big biting suckers getting thrown in the moat
We got maidens and wenches - man they're on the ace
Captain Bly is gonna die when we break his face
Ali Baba and the forty thieves
Torching and crakin' and rhymin' and stealin'
Robbin' and raping - busting two in the ceiling
I'm wheeling' - I'm dealin' - I'm drinking, not thinking
Never cower, never shower - and I'm always stinking
Ho ho ho and a pint of Brass Monkey
And when my girlie shakes her hips - she sure gets funky
Skirt chasing, free basing - killing every village
We drink and rob and rhyme and pillage
I've been drinking my rum - a Def son of a gun
I fought the law and I cold won
Black Beard's weak - Moby Dick's on the tick
'Cause I pull out the jammy and squeeze off six
My pistol is loaded - I shot Betty Crocker
Delivered Colonel Sanders down to Davey Jones' locker
Rhymin' and stealin' in a drunken state
And I'll be rockin' my rhymes all the way to Hell's gate
Name this band and name this song
I watched the Husker game not sure if the Huskers could beat VT. After the game was over I was proud that they played quite well! BUT ended up losing this game due to the 3 consecutive bad calls. On a touchdown pass the refs called holding but there was no sign of holding shown on the replay. Then the huskers passed for a touch down. The replay showed the receivers feet were clearly inbounds when the ball was caught but the ref ruled he was out of bounds. What if the ref was paid-off? In the NFL they minimize the collusion because they can call a review the replay. This allows multiple refs to rule on the play. In amateur football, (aka college football) one ref can make or break a game with his incorrect rulings. In the husker game did the ref get paid off or is he just in need of new glasses? Which ever the case, going to a replay review would have minimized this situation. The fact that this game was lost due to poor rulings on the field really makes this a frustrating loss.
I keep trying to make myself enjoy watching college ball but it always seems to be a game of attrition. One team wins because the other team made more mistakes? Or one team wins because the other team had more bad calls made against them? I'm still thinking I would rather watch NFL games and marvel at the skills of career players as they compete at the absolute pinnacle of all team sports.
Thursday, September 10, 2009
My intention is not to insult anyone. but it really does seem like the average adult in the USA is about as smart as a 6th grader. The difference is that the 6th grader knows he or she is still learning whereas the average adult thinks he or she already know everything they need to know.
My philosophy is never stop learning new things. If you stop trying to learn, you start declining. There are too many declining people.
Wednesday, September 2, 2009
Sunday, August 30, 2009
Tuesday, August 4, 2009
If you define, "He Invented the internet" as the person who developed HTTP and made GUI browsing for non-geeks possible, then he's the one.
Sorry Al Gore, I have to give credit where credit is actually due.
Sir Timothy John Berners-Lee, OM, KBE, FRS, FREng, FRSA (London, 2 Aug 1955), is an English engineer and computer scientist and MIT professor credited with inventing the World Wide Web, making the first proposal for it in March 1989. On 25 December 1990, with the help of Robert Cailliau and a young student staff at CERN, he implemented the first successful communication between an HTTP client and server via the Internet. In 2007, he was ranked Joint First, alongside Albert Hofmann, in The Telegraph's list of 100 greatest living geniuses. Berners-Lee is the director of the World Wide Web Consortium (W3C)
Monday, July 20, 2009
Wienermobile Crashes in to a home!
by amyjudd | July 18, 2009 at 09:25 am
955 views | 18 Recommendations | 5 comments
A giant Oscar Mayer Wienermobile caused some damage yesterday when it crashed in to a Mount Pleasant, WI home.
The driver, a 22-year-old employee, said she was attempting to turn the wiener car around in the driveway, and thought the vehicle was in reverse. The car was in drive. She shot forward, crashing the giant hotdog right into a garage.
Oscar Mayer spokeswoman Sydney Lindner apologized for any inconvenience to the home owner. Lindner says the company will work with insurance companies to fix the damage to the house and vehicle.
Saturday, July 4, 2009
Tough times never last, but tough people do.
Robert H. Schuller
No bastard ever won a war by dying for his country.
He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country.
Few men are killed by the bayonet, many are scared by it. Bayonets should be fixed when the fire fight starts.
- General George Patton
If you obey all the rules you miss all the fun.
You create your opportunities by asking for them.
IndependenceIn`de*pend"ence\, n. [Cf. F. ind['e]pendance.]1. The state or quality of being independent; freedom from dependence; exemption from reliance on, or control by, others; self-subsistence or maintenance; direction of one's own affairs without interference. Let fortune do her worst, . . . as long as she never makes us lose our honesty and our independence. --Pope.
The nation was founded by thirteen colonies of Great Britain located along the Atlantic seaboard. On July 4, 1776, they issued the Declaration of Independence, which proclaimed their independence from Great Britain and their formation of a cooperative union. The rebellious states defeated Great Britain in the American Revolutionary War.
Monday, June 29, 2009
The plot:Three guys take their best friend to Vegas to throw him a bachelor party and then they loose him.
I saw this movie last weekend. This is a placeholder for my review and will try to write it up in the next day or two. IT AIN'T GONNA BE PRETTY!!
It's been a week since I watched this movie and here is what stands out the most:
- The stupid bearded guy opening the car door and hitting the babies head.
- The 3 or 4 scenes featuring projectile vomiting.
- The name rip-off where they had a "white doug" and a "black doug" They stole this idea from the FX network TV show Rescue Me. On that show they have "White Sean" and "Black Sean". It's mildly funny on Rescue Me but just lame and out of place in this Vegas train wreck.
- The prick father of the groom loans his pristine Mercedes to the guys to take to Vegas. Of course it was going to be completely trashed by the end of the movie. Who didn't see coming from about 200 miles away! Duh!
- The guy who is Andy on The Office actually plays the same exact character in this movie. He even sings the same moron/stupid songs in the movie. Ugh.. so painful to watch.
- The way too many scenes of man crack. Having just one scene is too much but they had to keep showing the stupid guy's ass. It wasn't that funny on the show Jackass. Is it funny now?
- My feelings of pity for Heather Graham. She is an actress who has been in a lot of movies, some of them were good. She must be getting desperate to allow herself to be associated with this cast of losers in this horrible mess of movie.
- The pervert bearded guy is yelling "hey baby" to someone in the car next them. They swing the view around and we see that he is hitting on a 10 year old girl. Is that really supposed to be funny? Really??
- Mike Tyson as an actor. Do I need to say more?
- Every 10 minutes someone says something like, "I don't remember what happened last night or Gosh what happened? Where is whats his name? How did this baby get here? Do you know what happened last night?..." It never stops. Didn't most of us already know that they were all going to have a blackout and not remember the big bender night in Vegas? Isn't that the whole premise of this stupid ass movie??
- A quote from the first scene in the movie, "We fucked up". You could actually apply that declaration to the entire production.
Tuesday, June 23, 2009
Next topic: Glen Beck
This is just my opinion but does anyone else think he is just a junior version of Rush Limbaugh? Glen is to conservative commentary as Anderson Cooper is to liberal commentary. Politically, those two are polar opposites but they are equally empty of substance or just plain bland in terms of creative thought.
Has anyone ever heard Beck utter one original, substantive, or creative thought? It seems like he just follows the headlines and spews out empty commentary based on what he thinks will sound good to conservative viewers. Anyone agree? Disagree?
Also, Glen Beck drank the 'Twitter Cool Aid". He likes to quote things on twitter as if it is a legitimate and accurate news source. Does he have an actual background in political science or knowledge of history? It does not appear that way.
Wednesday, June 17, 2009
This is a picture of the original Green Alien Chick from Star Trek. I just realized she looks like Pat Benatar.
The new Star Trek movie is set in maiden voyage days of the Enterprise. A young verison of Kirk, Spock, and Uhura are all in their 20's. Chekov is 16! It is sort of like take your kid to work day! It's all good.
My expectation was to be placed in a state of shock and awe. It delivered on the giant spaceships blowing things up in space formula and the green alien chick was ok BUT from a thinking man's perspective I was slightly disappointed with combat tactics in this movie.
Speaking as war movie fan and a SciFi fan and hoped the two genres would Vulcan mind meld together into one kick-ass movie. I expected the Federation to have learned and developed smart technology and smart tactics and show this progression of learning from a long history of success and failure. However the United Federation of Planets has a lot to learn!
- The Big Ass Romulan ship has it's way with Federation vessels and pounds them with volleys of energy torpedoes, yet, the Federation ships have no counter measure devices such as electronic jammers, decoys or point defense phasers. Really?!?
- Why didn't the Federation deploy high powered projectile weapons in lieu of of using energy weapons which drain precious energy from the warp drive? After all, the shields and engines need all the energy they can get. Right? Why wouldn't they use self propelled missiles and projectile weapons to inflict primitive gaping holes on the enemy ships? These projectile weapons could be used as backups or even primary weapons systems with no drain on those darn finicky dilithium crystals.
- What about space fighters? If they can launch shuttles why can't they launch small stealthy fighters?...more weapons to aim at the bad guys and more targets for the bad guys to keep track of?
- And check this out... In the year 2009 the US Air Force Predator drone has killed so many bad guys I have lost count. Why wouldn't the federation deploy unmanned, heavily armed drones to encircle the Roms and have them fire at the same time thereby overwhelming the Rom's defenses?
- What about a Department of Homeland Security? Poor Planet Vulcan had no evacuation plans or Code Orange threat warnings. The Federation is too big to be covered by one fleet. Perhaps the Vulcans learned nothing from the famous attack on Earth. Hello? It happened at Pearl Harbor.
- Where the heck are Vulcan’s orbital defenses? Would they consider space based lasers/phasers? Also annoying, that vessel next appears at Vulcan, and Starfleet only sends seven ships against it? Were the writings of Sun Tzu somehow lost over the years?
Monday, June 15, 2009
The BT-2 was designed on the simple idea that more horsepower is always better.
It has a 3.6-liter twin-turbo. The result is 850 horsepower and a stunning 678 pound-feet of torque. It will blast off to 62 mph in 3 seconds and has a top speed of 240 mph. The soon to be released GT9, will produce 987 horsepower and a top speed of 254 mph. Next is the GT9-R. It will crank out 1,120 horsepower. (that is roughly twice the horsepower of your top of the line NASCAR)
Virtual Paris click the compass and take a stroll around the city!!
View Eiffel tower, France in a larger map