QOD

Wednesday, September 23, 2009

NFL or NCAA?

Huskers 10 Sooners 3!

Because mutiny on the bounty's what we're all about
I'm gonna board your ship and turn it on out
No soft sucker with a parrot on his shoulder
'Cause I'm bad gettin' bolder - cold getting colder
Terrorizing suckers on the seven seas
And if you've got beef - you'll get capped in the knees
We got sixteen men on a dead man's chest
And I shot those suckers and I'll shoot the rest

Most illingest b-boy - I got that feeling
Cause I am most ill and I'm rhymin' and stealin'

My pistol is loaded - I shot Betty Crocker
Delivered Colonel Sanders down to Davey Jones' locker Rhymin' and stealin' in a drunken state
And I'll be rockin' my rhymes all the way to Hell's gate

Snatching gold chains - vicking pieces of eight
I got your money and your honey and the fly name plate
We got wenches on the benches - and bitties with titties
Housing all girlies from city to city
One for all and all for one
Taking out M.C.'s with a big shotgun
All for one and one for all
Because the Beastie Boys have gone A.W.O.L.
Friggin' in the riggin' and cuttin' your throat
Big biting suckers getting thrown in the moat
We got maidens and wenches - man they're on the ace
Captain Bly is gonna die when we break his face

Ali Baba and the forty thieves

Torching and crakin' and rhymin' and stealin'
Robbin' and raping - busting two in the ceiling
I'm wheeling' - I'm dealin' - I'm drinking, not thinking
Never cower, never shower - and I'm always stinking
Ho ho ho and a pint of Brass Monkey
And when my girlie shakes her hips - she sure gets funky
Skirt chasing, free basing - killing every village
We drink and rob and rhyme and pillage

I've been drinking my rum - a Def son of a gun
I fought the law and I cold won
Black Beard's weak - Moby Dick's on the tick
'Cause I pull out the jammy and squeeze off six

My pistol is loaded - I shot Betty Crocker
Delivered Colonel Sanders down to Davey Jones' locker
Rhymin' and stealin' in a drunken state
And I'll be rockin' my rhymes all the way to Hell's gate


Name this band and name this song


I watched the Husker game not sure if the Huskers could beat VT. After the game was over I was proud that they played quite well! BUT ended up losing this game due to the 3 consecutive bad calls. On a touchdown pass the refs called holding but there was no sign of holding shown on the replay. Then the huskers passed for a touch down. The replay showed the receivers feet were clearly inbounds when the ball was caught but the ref ruled he was out of bounds. What if the ref was paid-off? In the NFL they minimize the collusion because they can call a review the replay. This allows multiple refs to rule on the play. In amateur football, (aka college football) one ref can make or break a game with his incorrect rulings. In the husker game did the ref get paid off or is he just in need of new glasses? Which ever the case, going to a replay review would have minimized this situation. The fact that this game was lost due to poor rulings on the field really makes this a frustrating loss.

I keep trying to make myself enjoy watching college ball but it always seems to be a game of attrition. One team wins because the other team made more mistakes? Or one team wins because the other team had more bad calls made against them? I'm still thinking I would rather watch NFL games and marvel at the skills of career players as they compete at the absolute pinnacle of all team sports.

1 comment:

Ramblings of a Dude!!! said...

The refs screwing the Huskers is nothing new. In the most classic, in the 1994 Orange Bowl against Florida ST, we had a punt return called back for alleged clipping penalty. Replays found nothing. Also on the games final play our holder was hit but there was NOTHING called. T.O. said there should have been a roughing penalty--15 yards, but more importantly another kick attempt. Which would not have been neccessary b/c of the TD called back in the first half. Osborne would have had a THREE PEAT!!!
THis sucks.... GO HUSKERS

Virtual Paris click the compass and take a stroll around the city!!


View Eiffel tower, France in a larger map

Eiffel Tower

Eiffel Tower
Eiffel Tower

playlist

content

-----

content

Get ready... What is your favorite Zombie movie?